Monday, June 22, 2015

Birthday Reflections?

It's 6am and I realized, Maybe now is the time to write... After all, Nini wakes up in the 5's and I'm not going back to sleep anyway. Mo is going to a full day at camp today. To set my standards low, I'm prepared that today is his only full day (9:30-3). When I tried to send him to a full day of school, he didn't even make it to the first full day and I had to pick him up every day at ten to twelve, instead of 3:30!
I texted his counselor yesterday who just returned from seminary. I needed to feel better by preparing her for him, my speech deprived, sensory filled child. After texting me back a beautiful message ("Thanks for telling me. I will make sure he has as little frustration as possible and do the best job that I can:), she then texted her brother which came to me by mistake. I learned through this that she is one of those real post-seminary girls who mentions Hashem in every sentence and really truly lives Him all the time.
When I was post-seminary, I was hanging out in someone's house in NY. There were two frum moms there and I must've said something holy and they laughed and said, "I remember those days! Oh, you young innocent ones, it never lasts! Once you have kids, you just realize there's a real life out there..."
Now I'm on the other side and thank G-d I don't feel that way!! Yes, I may have become more real, but I just want to hang around this girl and let some of her bitachon rub off on me!
Tonight is my birthday, that's usually my time of reflection. I'd love to reflect but Penina keeps chasing the computer and Moshe Leib woke up and is trying to tell me lots and lots of things in his exceptionally slow way, so back to real life it is. I'll be back... muhahhaha

No comments:

Post a Comment